Nurse Deal News
NATIONAL NUTRITION MONTH 2021
National Nutrition Month® is an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. During the month of March, everyone is invited to learn about making informed food choices and developing healthful eating and physical activity habits. This is a four week series that I will share with you weekly!
This year's theme is "Personalize Your Plate." There is no one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition and health. We are all unique with different bodies, goals, backgrounds and tastes! Look for weekly healthful messages and practice with your family and model a healthy lifestyle for the children in your family! Let’s dive into week one…
Week One: Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day!
- Include healthful foods from all food groups.
- Hydrate with water and other low sugar liquids.
- Learn how to read Nutrition Fact Panels.
- Avoid distractions while eating
- Take time to enjoy your food.
The website below has many great ideas to help your child learn about healthy food options and lifestyle. Check it out!
1St Semester Vision Referrals Need Action!
- If you received a 2nd referral notice last week regarding the status of your student’s vision referral, please check-off the appropriate response and return it to me promptly. As stated in the notice, if you need assistance completing the referral, please don’t hesitate to contact me. We are here to help! If you are not sure if your child has a vision referral, again, please contact me. There were 291 vision screenings completed resulting in 25 referrals the first week of December 2020. Let’s get these completed for optimal vision in 2021! Thank you!
Annah J.Deal, BSN, RN, School Nurse, email@example.com 803-438-8000
IMPORTANT COVID 19 INFORMATION FOR LES FAMILIES TO CONSIDER
- Nurse Deal has listed 2 reliable resources with factual information to assist you in making an informed decision about the COVID-19 vaccine to help end this pandemic. Please review and educate yourself in order may make the best decisions regarding the vaccine for you and your family. Currently, children under 16 are not being considered for this vaccine.
Annah J Deal, BSN, RN, LES School Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kershaw County continues to work with federal, states, and local partners to provide our community with the latest information regarding COVID-19.
- STUDENT REQUIRING MEDICATION AT SCHOOL. Please call the school at 803-438-8000, and make an appointment with Nurse Deal to deliver signed doctor's orders and any student medication needed during school hours during the school year.