Graduation Update for May 5, 2020
Graduation Update for May 5, 2020
I sincerely hope this is our final update for Graduation 2020. I have been in communication with a variety of state officials and confirmed that the limit of two guests per graduate is a recommendation. After presenting to the Board of School Trustees our new course of action, and based on the size of our outdoor stadiums, we will return to our original plan of four tickets per graduate. We understand that this is their day and have been working daily to do everything in our power to make it a positive and memorable event. There are several school districts not only in South Carolina but across the country that are conducting virtual graduations. We just don’t feel that does our students justice for 13 years of dedication. Furthermore, we have several students across the county who will be leaving this summer as they have enlisted into one of the branches of our military. Delaying graduation with the hopes that things will open back up is both unfair and unrealistic. Therefore, we are re-issuing our graduation guidelines.
- Persons exhibiting any signs of illness, who are immunocompromised, or identified by the CDC as part of a high-risk population should not attend.
- Graduating seniors will be limited to four guest tickets.
- Graduates will be given 1 parking hang tag for the drive-in theater option (Note: After this was published on May 5, it was determined that the overflow for the LEHS graduation will be in the school's auditorium and gymnasium as opposed to being outside. Graduates will receive 2 tickets for the overflow seating, and those two persons need to arrive in the same vehicle.)
- Graduates will be given commemorative face masks to wear during the ceremony that match their graduation gowns and caps.
- Seating must maintain the recommended six feet distance between attendees. Stadium seats will be clearly marked.
- Lining up to enter the stadium:
- Attendees must maintain six feet of separation. We will have the entrances marked to ensure appropriate spacing.
- Attendees must have and wear a facemask. We will have facemasks available if you do not have one.
- Our school nurses will check each attendee’s temperature. If your temperature is greater than 100.4 degrees, you will not be permitted to enter the stadium.
- KCSD School Resource Officers, law enforcement officials, and teachers will assist with ushering families to their seats and maintaining social distancing.
- We will have hand sanitization tables at each entrance and outside of the restrooms. You must sanitize your hands before entering the stadium.
- The event will be live streamed for maximum participation.
- The live stream will be recorded and available on each school’s and the district’s website.
- Diplomas will be on a table and picked up by the graduate to eliminate person-to-person contact.
- After the ceremony, attendees will be released by row to ensure six feet of separation.
- High school principals will designate times both pre and post graduation for families to come to campus for ceremonial pictures.
North Central High School
- Friday, May 29th - 7:30 p.m. Football Stadium
- Rain Date: May 30th - 7:30 p.m.
- NCHS Stadium Seating Map
- NCHS Stadium Parking Map
Camden High School
- Saturday, May 30th - 8:30 a.m. Zemp Stadium
- Rain Date: June 2nd - 7:30 p.m.
- CHS Stadium Seating Map
- CHS Stadium Parking Map
Lugoff-Elgin High School
- Saturday, May 30th - 9:45 a.m. Football Stadium
- Rain Date: June 1st - 7:30 p.m.
- LEHS Stadium Seating Map
- LEHS Stadium Parking Map
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We know how difficult a time this is and want you to know we are working diligently to make this the best possible experience considering the limitations and restrictions we face.
Dr. Shane Robbins, ATC