Graduation Update for April 30, 2020
Governor McMaster’s most recent executive order encouraged some form of formal high school graduation ceremony, whether it be in person or virtual. The South Carolina Department of Education was tasked with providing school districts guidance on how to proceed. With that being said, we have had to make some changes to our original graduation plan and release to reflect this updated guidance. I apologize for any additional stress these changes may place on our families.
- Persons exhibiting any signs of illness, who are immunocompromised, or identified by the CDC as part of a high-risk population should not attend.
- Graduating seniors will be limited to two guest tickets.
- Graduates will all be given a commemorative face mask to wear during the ceremony that matches their graduation gown and cap. (Students will remove their masks when they walk across the stage so families will be able to see them and take photos.)
- Seating must maintain the recommended six feet distance between attendees. Stadium seats will be clearly marked.
- Lining up to enter the stadium:
- Attendees must maintain six feet of separation. We will have the entrances marked to ensure appropriate spacing.
- Attendees must have and wear a facemask. We will have facemasks available if you do not have one.
- Our school nurses will check each attendee’s temperature. If your temperature is greater than 100.4 degrees, you will not be permitted to enter the stadium.
- KCSD School Resource Officers, law enforcement officials, and teachers will assist with ushering families to their seats and maintaining social distancing.
- We will have hand sanitization tables at each entrance and outside of the restrooms. You must sanitize your hands before entering the stadium.
- The event will be live-streamed for maximum participation. We are working on a possible drive-in theater approach for those without a ticket who would like to be near the ceremony. Hang tags will be issued to graduates for admission to view the outdoor projection screen.
- The live stream will be recorded and available on each school’s and the district’s website.
- Diplomas will be on a table and picked up by the graduate to eliminate person-to-person contact.
- After the ceremony, attendees will be released by row to ensure six feet of separation.
- High school principals will designate times both pre and post-graduation for families to come to campus for ceremonial pictures.
North Central High School
Friday, May 29th - 7:30 p.m. Football Stadium Rain Date: May 30th - 7:30 p.m.
Camden High School
Saturday, May 30th - 8:30 a.m. Zemp Stadium Rain Date: June 2nd - 7:30 p.m.
Lugoff-Elgin High School
Saturday, May 30th - 9:45 a.m. Football Stadium Rain Date: June 1st - 7:30 p.m.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We know how difficult a time this is and want you to know we are working diligently to make this the best possible experience considering the limitations and restrictions we face.
Dr. Shane Robbins, ATC