Update for April 1, 2020
Update for April 1, 2020
School Buildings to close April 6th: April 3rd will be the last day there will be regular building access. The Governor issued an executive order closing non-essential businesses. Schools do not fall into that category. However, as we enter spring break, we have decided to close our school buildings until further notice. Building principals will have access to conduct routine walkthroughs and to escort any employee who might have a need to retrieve something out of the building. Outside contractors working on the facilities will have access to the buildings on a limited basis. Exceptions to this are the locations in which we are preparing food for our students. All technology repair services will take place at our ATEC Campus where the Educational Technology Services Department is located. The district office will remain open to ensure there is no disruption in support and operations of the district. To our patrons, voicemails will be checked by our administrators and forwarded when possible. Our building administration, working remotely, will closely monitor email correspondence as well.
- One second semester grade-quarter 3 and 4 grades will be combined
- Senior Grades submitted by May 15th-Students have until May 22nd to make-up any missing work.
- Students who fail to complete work by the May 22nd deadline after multiple contacts and varied opportunities to do so will receive a zero for missing assignments.
- We will be reaching out to Seniors needing required courses for graduation- credit recovery/courseware.
- Elementary grades recommendation- From March 30th forward-2 major and 3 minor grades in ELA and Math, and 2 major and 2 minor grades in social studies and science.
- Final Report cards will be issued on May 29, 2020
- 3rd Grade Retention ELA portion of SC Ready eliminated
- Seat Time/Instructional Time requirements eliminated
At the end of the day, we can focus on what is tearing us apart or what is keeping us together. We can focus on what we cannot control or place our efforts into improving what we can control. As a leadership team, we pledge to lead with positivity, serving, supporting, and encouraging the employees and students of our district! Remember, because of many of you, we continue to provide meals for our children and instruction for their growth and development. We will get through this together!
Dr. Shane Robbins, ATC