Thank you to Mr. Kerry Hayes, KCSD Coordinator for Bullying Prevention, for visiting with 3rd and 4th grade students and sharing valuable information about bullying and how to prevent it. He equipped our Colts with the tools they need to be a part of the solution, not the problem. Mr. Hayes also shared some information for parents from The BULLY Project:
Ten Actions ALL Parents Can Take to Help Eliminate Bullying:
- Talk with and listen to your kids everyday.
- Spend time at your child’s school.
- Be a good example of kindness and leadership.
- Learn the signs of bullying.
- Create healthy anti-bullying habits early.
- Help your child’s school address bullying effectively.
- Establish household rules about bullying.
- Teach your child how to be a good witness or positive bystander.
- Teach your child about cyberbullying.
- Spread the word that bullying should not be a normal part of childhood.