Skip To Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions about Registration

Frequently Asked Questions for Registration

Do I have to go to the school to complete my registration?
No, student registration can be completed online without having to come to school unless families need internet access, help with the form or have to pay fees.

If I enrolled my child for kindergarten earlier this year, do I still need to register online?
Yes. The earlier enrollment established your child’s initial enrollment record, but you still need to complete the online registration process for the new school year.

How do parents of returning students start the online process?
Visit and click the Registration link. Then enter your student’s unique Snapcode number to start the process.

Do I have to answer all the questions?
Questions marked with a "Required" tag are required.

What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change, click on the underlined field or click “< Prev” to return to a previous page.

I’ve completed the form; now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all the required questions. If you click “Submit” and are then taken to the Submission Confirmation page, your online registration is complete.

Do I need to print out anything to prove that I have completed the online registration process?
As long as you are taken to the Submission Confirmation page after you click “Submit,” your registration is complete.

Is there a fee to use PowerSchool Registration?

Do I need to fill out the free/reduced meal application?
All students in Kershaw County School District will receive free breakfast and lunch during the 2023-2024 school year as part of the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) program. Parents will no longer be asked to complete a Free and Reduced Meal Application during online registration.

What if I have more than one student in the district? Do I need to do this for each child?
Yes, you will need to register each student because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you submit the first registration and then click the START ANOTHER REGISTRATION link on the submission confirmation page to register your next student. This way, you will not have to enter shared family information again to save time.

What are the fees?
All families pay an annual technology fee per student and there may be school-level athletic and parking fees.  Families are also responsible for any outstanding debt still owed, including lost materials and negative cafeteria balances.

  • Technology Fee - All families pay an annual $5 technology fee per student.  This fee covers repair for one major accidental damage each school year.

  • Parking Fees - The yearly parking fee for high schools is $60, which will be prorated on a quarterly basis.

  • Athletic Fees - Middle school students pay $25 per sport for middle school sports.  Middle and high school students playing high school sports pay $50 per sport. No student will pay for more than two sports in a single school year.

Families are able to pay fees online using our MySchoolBucks ( payment system. Please note that MySchoolBucks does charge a processing fee for online payments. Parents who do not want to use the online payment system will need to pay fees to the school on the Registration Help Days. 

I don’t understand what a question is asking.
You can contact your school to ask any general questions about the form or the process.

What if I have a new student to register?
Families of new students should contact the school that the student will be attending to start the registration process. Kershaw County School Board policy requires parents to bring to registration the following documents to enroll a student for the first time: a copy of the child's birth certificate, the child’s South Carolina Certificate of Immunization, a parent/guardian’s valid South Carolina driver’s license, a tax document with the current and correct address, a check stub with the current and correct address, either a mortgage or lease agreement or legally notarized documentation from the landlord and a current (two months or less) utility bill (electric, gas, telephone or water) that contains the student’s address.

What if my primary language is Spanish?
Our online registration process is available in English and in Spanish. To change the language, select the drop box in the upper right corner.

Help! I’m having technical difficulties.
For technical support, visit the PowerSchool Community Help Center. You can submit a ticket or use the chat feature for immediate help.