Skip To Main Content

Registration for New Students

New Student Registration Process

Welcome to the Kershaw County School District!  The information below outlines the documents needed to register.  Please refer to the links to the left for additional information, including how to determine the school your child will attend.

Please call your student's zoned school to begin the online enrollment process.

Registration Requirements for New & Transfer Students

Child's Birth Certificate

 Need a copy of a birth certificate?

Child's State Certificate of Immunization

Need a copy of this certificate?

Current Proof of Residence

Current proof of residence in the name of the parent or legal guardian (All items are to contain the current and correct address at the time of enrollment.)

You must bring all of the following:

  1. A valid photo I.D. ( i.e. - S.C. DMV issued I.D. or driver's license)
  2. A recent tax document for vehicles or primary residence
  3. Financial source document (i.e. - Recent payroll check, bank document, social security, DSS OR child support payment). If effecting change is a lengthy process, copies of paperwork showing that the change of address is in progress must be presented.
  4. Mortgage, real estate purchase contract, rental/lease agreement or legally notarized documentation from Landlord verifying current address
  5. Recent mail addressed to parent/legal guardian (Preferably a current utility bill such as gas, phone, electric or water)

Parents/guardians may use our Residency Worksheet as a guide as you prepare your documentation.

Additional Documents for Transfer Students

  • Withdrawal from previous school - Paperwork filed with your child's previous school to transfer the child's school records to the new school.
  • Academic documents & records - Any academic documents and records, including the child's latest transcript, report cards, and IEP (if applicable)