Welcome to the Kershaw County School District! The information below outlines the documents needed to register. Please refer to the links to the left for additional information, including how to determine the school your child will attend.
Please call your student's zoned school to begin the online enrollment process.
Child's Birth Certificate
Need a copy of a birth certificate?
- In South Carolina: Birth Certificate Information, Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)
- In the United States: Where to Write for Vital Records, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Child's State Certificate of ImmunizationNeed a copy of this certificate?
Contact your child's doctor or immunization provider (best option!)
- In South Carolina: Public Health Clinics, Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)
- In the United States: Contacts for IIS Immunization Records, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Current Proof of Residence
Current proof of residence in the name of the parent or legal guardian (All items are to contain the current and correct address at the time of enrollment.)
You must bring all of the following:
- A valid photo I.D. ( i.e. - S.C. DMV issued I.D. or driver's license)
- A recent tax document for vehicles or primary residence
- Financial source document (i.e. - Recent payroll check, bank document, social security, DSS OR child support payment). If effecting change is a lengthy process, copies of paperwork showing that the change of address is in progress must be presented.
- Mortgage, real estate purchase contract, rental/lease agreement or legally notarized documentation from Landlord verifying current address
- Recent mail addressed to parent/legal guardian (Preferably a current utility bill such as gas, phone, electric or water)
Parents/guardians may use our Residency Worksheet as a guide as you prepare your documentation.
Additional Documents for Transfer Students
- Withdrawal from previous school - Paperwork filed with your child's previous school to transfer the child's school records to the new school.
- Academic documents & records - Any academic documents and records, including the child's latest transcript, report cards, and IEP (if applicable)
Starting on July 10, 2023, families will receive a registration email for each current student (and incoming 4K & 5K child enrolled during the Kindergarten Round-Up).
Once you have received your registration code by email, then you are ready to register. If you have not received your child's registration code, please contact your child's school.
Returning registration can be completed online in 2 steps:
- Complete online registration - Complete a registration using the registration code link above as soon as possible. The information you provide will be used to develop student schedules and teacher assignments that will be sent to families electronically before school starts on August 3rd.
- Pay fees - All students will pay a $5 technology fee. Families will have the option to use www.myschoolbucks.com for online payments for a variety of items such as the fees for technology, parking, athletics, and yearbooks. MySchoolBucks charges a processing fee for online payments. Parents who do not want to use the online payment system will need to pay fees to the school on the Registration Help Days.
If you need technical help, please contact PowerSchool Tech Support.
Do I have to go to the school to complete my registration?
No, student registration can be completed online without having to come to school unless families need internet access, help with the form or have to pay fees.
If I enrolled my child for kindergarten earlier this year, do I still need to register online?
Yes. The earlier enrollment established your child’s initial enrollment record, but you still need to complete the online registration process for the new school year.
How do parents of returning students start the online process?
Visit www.kcsdschools.net/register and click the Registration link. Then enter your student’s unique Snapcode number to start the process.
Do I have to answer all the questions?
Questions marked with a "Required" tag are required.
What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change, click on the underlined field or click “< Prev” to return to a previous page.
I’ve completed the form; now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all the required questions. If you click “Submit” and are then taken to the Submission Confirmation page, your online registration is complete.
Do I need to print out anything to prove that I have completed the online registration process?
As long as you are taken to the Submission Confirmation page after you click “Submit,” your registration is complete.
Is there a fee to use PowerSchool Registration?
Do I need to fill out the free/reduced meal application?
All students in Kershaw County School District will receive free breakfast and lunch during the 2023-2024 school year as part of the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) program. Parents will no longer be asked to complete a Free and Reduced Meal Application during online registration.
What if I have more than one student in the district? Do I need to do this for each child?
Yes, you will need to register each student because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you submit the first registration and then click the START ANOTHER REGISTRATION link on the submission confirmation page to register your next student. This way, you will not have to enter shared family information again to save time.
What are the fees?
All families pay an annual technology fee per student and there may be school-level athletic and parking fees. Families are also responsible for any outstanding debt still owed, including lost materials and negative cafeteria balances.
Families are able to pay fees online using our MySchoolBucks (www.myschoolbucks.com) payment system. Please note that MySchoolBucks does charge a processing fee for online payments. Parents who do not want to use the online payment system will need to pay fees to the school on the Registration Help Days.
I don’t understand what a question is asking.
You can contact your school to ask any general questions about the form or the process.
What if I have a new student to register?
Families of new students should contact the school that the student will be attending to start the registration process. Kershaw County School Board policy requires parents to bring to registration the following documents to enroll a student for the first time: a copy of the child's birth certificate, the child’s South Carolina Certificate of Immunization, a parent/guardian’s valid South Carolina driver’s license, a tax document with the current and correct address, a check stub with the current and correct address, either a mortgage or lease agreement or legally notarized documentation from the landlord and a current (two months or less) utility bill (electric, gas, telephone or water) that contains the student’s address.
What if my primary language is Spanish?
Our online registration process is available in English and in Spanish. To change the language, select the drop box in the upper right corner.
Help! I’m having technical difficulties.
For technical support, visit the PowerSchool Community Help Center. You can submit a ticket or use the chat feature for immediate help.
Technology Fee - All families pay an annual $5 technology fee per student. This fee covers repair for one major accidental damage each school year.
Parking Fees - The yearly parking fee for high schools is $60, which will be prorated on a quarterly basis.
Athletic Fees - Middle school students pay $25 per sport for middle school sports. Middle and high school students playing high school sports pay $50 per sport. No student will pay for more than two sports in a single school year.