Below you will find some back to school reminders that will be helpful to you throughout the school year, including start dates, school schedules, menus, bus information, and more!
Below you will find some back to school reminders that will be helpful to you throughout the school year!
- First Day of School - Thursday, August 3
- Staggered Start for four- and five-year-old kindergarten students
- August 3: Last names beginning with A–L attend school
- August 4: Last names beginning with M–Z attend school
- August 7: All four- and five-year-old kindergarten students attend school.
Please note: This staggered start schedule does not apply to students in preschool special education programs at the following locations: Doby’s Mill Elementary, North Central Elementary, Pine Tree Hill Elementary and Wateree Elementary. These students will begin school on Thursday, August 3.
- School Schedule:
- Elementary - 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m (8:10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. for delayed start Wednesdays)
- Middle - 7:45 a.m. - 3 p.m. (8:25 a.m. - 3 p.m. for delayed start Wednesdays)
- High - 8 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. (8:40 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. for delayed start Wednesdays)
- 2023-2024 District Calendar: www.kcsdschools.net/calendar
- Student Meals: All students in Kershaw County School District will receive free breakfasts and lunches during the 2023-2024 school year as part of the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) program. If you would like to add money to your child’s meal account for the purchase of additional food items during the school year you can do so using MySchoolBucks.com or by sending payment to the school. Menus can be found here: www.kcsdschools.net/menu
- Bus information: Bus drivers will be contacting parents prior to the first day of school. For specific information on your child’s bus route and bus stop, please contact your area's bus supervisor directly. Their contact information can be found here: www.kcsdschools.net/bus
KCSD is using Traversa Ride360 this year. The Ride360 application provides quick access to your child's routing information, which can include the bus stop location, bus number, and bus driver's name.
- You will need to register your child before accessing the Ride 360 app here: https://sckershawcosd.traversaride360.com
- The Student ID number that you will need to register can be found on your student’s schedule or by calling your child’s school.
- Ride 360 Instructions (English)
- Ride 360 Las Instrucciones (Español)
- Please note that all bus information may not be available in the Ride360 app until the routes are finalized a few weeks into the school year.
- Clear Bag Policy - KCSD has a clear bag policy in place for middle and high school extracurricular activities. Under these guidelines, only clear tote bags no bigger than 12x6x12 inches or a clear plastic bag no larger than a gallon size can be used to carry items into extracurricular activities. For more information visit: www.kcsdschools.net/clearbag
If you have any questions, please contact your child's school. Have a great school year!