Jackson School’s Title One Plan - August 2017
Jackson is a title one school and we receive funding for curriculum and instruction, professional development, technology and general supplies. This is a snapshot of how our funds are utilized.
- The Leader In Me - Our students are taught the 7 habits of highly effective people by Dr. Steven Covey. Our students set and track goals using leadership notebooks and they have various schoolwide and classroom leadership roles.
- Our teachers participate in professional development with a franklin covey coach. This year we did empowering instruction, where teachers were given practical strategies to use in the classroom to increase academic achievement.
- Our teachers and students also have access to the Leader In Me website which provides resources that can be used in the classroom.
- Technology Subscriptions - We use our funding to purchase various technology subscriptions to increase student achievement.
- IXL Math
- Reading A-Z
- Pebble Go
- Supplies - Classroom libraries and other instructional material is funded with Title One funds. Technology supplies are also purchased to assist teachers in the classroom.
- Interventionists- Our funding pays the salaries for reading and math interventionist who work with students in a small group setting.
- Parenting - Our funding allows us to offer training to parents to increase student achievement.
- 7 Habits Family Title One Night
- Sharpen the Saw Fair
- Donuts for Dads
- Muffins for Moms
- Testing Night
If you are interested in serving as a parent on our School Improvement Council and giving suggestions about our Title One plan, please contact Mrs. Goodwin @ email@example.com