Phone: (843) 334-6278
Degrees and Certifications:
Masters Degree in School Librarian and Information Science, University of South Carolina Bachelors of Science in Interior Design, Radford University, Virginia 2016 South Carolina Association of School Librarians - Paraprofessional of the Year 2020 South Carolina Association of School Librarians - Collegiate Scholarship Winner
Mrs. Jennifer Gibson - Librarian
Hello. I am the Librarian at North Central Middle School. This is my 18th year with the KCSD family and I have enjoyed every minute of my time in this school district. I love being in the library and watching the students develop from 6th grade to 8th grade readers and leaders in our school.
In the library, I will be found teaching lessons, collaborating with teachers, organizing the library, setting up displays, book repair and processing and running our 2 annual Scholastic Book Fairs. I love our students and our books. If you ever need help in selecting a book for your student, please don't hesitate to call or email me.
I am the very proud mother of three successful young adults, all of whom are products of KCSD.
Mrs. Gibson's Favorite Book - "The Little House" Video
Now watch the actually "The Little House" book by Virginia Lee Burton borrowed from the Mrs. St. Germain Reads site on YouTube.com
Summer Reading Pizza Party - Fall 2022
Black History Projects 2020 Video
Dr. Seuss 2020 & Read Across America Week 2021
Library Blog by Mrs. Gibson
Spurs Up for Reading!!
Welcome to the North Central Middle School Library page. The library is here to assist students, teacher and parents in our community.
The mission of North Central Middle School's library media center is to assist in providing a quality education for every child and to encourage a lifelong love of reading. Our library provides an environment in which students and staff learn to access, evaluate, and apply information. The library supports the curriculum of South Carolina and assists our patrons in becoming effective users of information.
- To provide materials and services which meet the informational and recreational needs of the learning community
- To provide opportunities for collaboration between the library media specialist and classroom teachers to promote information literacy
- To guide students in accessing information through learning activities which have been integrated with the general curriculum
- To guide students in retrieving, evaluating, and communicating information, of all formats, in a variety of content areas
- To incorporate a variety of equipment for accessing information of multiple formats from within and outside the library and school
- To guide students in exploring areas of personal interests through reading and accessing information, thereby becoming lifelong learners and responsible citizens
The library schedule is designed to meet the needs of our students and faculty. Students visit their ELA classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday are open library days and available for special events and scheduled lessons with teachers. Everyone is welcome to come check out or research at any time, no matter what activity is happening in our library. Ms. Monica and Ms. Gibson are always ready to assist students and teachers with their literacy needs. Please email me if you would like to schedule a time to meet with me regarding special collaborative needs in your classroom.