Doby's Mill Elementary
The Doby’s Mill Elementary School family is committed to providing opportunities for academic, social, and character growth for our students. By encouraging and assisting in the development of socially responsible behavior, we believe maximum learning will take place.
Our Vision Statement
The vision of Doby's Mill Elementary School is to create a safe and enriched learning environment that promotes Winning Attitudes and Visions of Excellence with confidence, creativity, and success for everyone.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Doby's Mill Elementary School, in partnership with our community, is to provide a safe, nurturing, and innovative learning environment that empowers students with knowledge and skills to become self-disciplined, responsible, and productive citizens.
- Students, teachers, administration, parents and community share the responsibility for fulfilling the school's mission by addressing the needs of the whole child in a safe, supportive and nurturing environment.
- Students must be active participants in their learning and aim to apply their knowledge in meaningful contexts in order to become life-long learners.
- Discipline, integrity and respect for individual differences are essential for a healthy learning community.
- Instructional strategies and practices incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate varied learning styles, needs and abilities.
- Student learning is the priority of the school.
- Integrating technology is essential to prepare students for success in an ever-changing global society.
- Continuous improvement ensures that the school's curriculum is innovative, creative, challenging, and exciting.
- The community of learners value and explore cultural diversity increasing students' understanding and respect of different people and cultures.
- Students' involvement in the arts is crucial in developing a rich learning experience through which various cultures, learning styles and creative outlets can be explored.
- Students develop healthy lifestyles by participating in physical fitness and health education activities.