Phone: (803) 425 - 8965
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. in Early Childhood and Elementary Education
Mrs. W. Faye Solis
Welcome to my classroom! I am excited to have the opprotunity to work with each student to help them achieve their best.
A little about myself:
I have been married to my wonderful husband for 15 years and we have two wonderful children - a middler-schooler and a high-schooler. Besides spending time with my family, I love gardening, astronomy, and orangutans.
I graduated from Coker College with a Bachelor's in Early Childhood and Elementary Education. I am delighted to be teaching 4th grade Math, Science, and Social Studies. Mrs. Lybrand, my co-teacher, will be teaching English Language Arts (ELA - reading/writing) this year. During these formative year I strive to create a classroom community that promotes growth in the social, emotional, and academic areas.
How can you help:
- Learning first occurs at home. Parent's are a child's first teacher. Your insight into your child's habits, stengths, and needs are priceless. We must work together to share our insights to promote student growth.
- Practice using the language of "the 7 Habits" at home to reinforce these behaviors.
- Encorage your child to take ownership of their responsiblities by asking them what they accomplished each day, asking what still needs to be completed, and providing reminders as needed.
- Be as informed and as invovled as possible at the school and district level.
- Please contact me via email or note with any concerns. Remember, we both want what is best for your child; let's work together to make it happen!
* Learning objectives and assignments are updated weekly on the sudent checklist which your child can access on thier Google Classroom. Printed checklists are availble upon request.