KCSD Adult Education

  • KCSD Adult Education offers several levels of classes to prepare students to obtain the High School Equivalency (GED).  We also offer a high school diploma track through Virtual School for qualified students.  Lastly, we are the only provider of the WorkKeys test (Career Readiness Certificate) and WorkKeys instruction in Kershaw County.  We serve students who desire to attain the next level of education that will enable them to achieve their career and employment goals.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Where are you located?
    WTC Campus, behind Fatz at I-20 and Hwy 521.  70 Innovation Way, Camden, SC  29020

    How many locations do you have for classes?
    Currently, the only location is at WTC, but we hope to expand, budget allowing, to a sight in Lugoff in the near future.
    How do I sign up for the GED test?
    Register online through the testing site at http://ged.com.
    How can your program help me get a GED?
    We pre-test all students to gain knowledge about the students’ math and reading abilities relative to the GED test. We schedule classes according to the scoring level on the test. We offer 7 weeks of instruction on the student’s level and then offer a post-test so students will be able to see growth in learning. We continue this service until the student achieves a test score needed for GED passage. We also offer official GED practice tests so students know what to expect.  We then help them get signed up to take the GED.
    Can I get a high school diploma from your program?
    We analyze all high school transcripts to determine if a student needs less than 4 credit hours to obtain a diploma.  If the student needs courses offered by the Virtual School, we offer assistance in signing up for the courses.
    Will the GED test be offered on-line any time soon?
    The GED test is offered in a computer-based format, but students must come into an approved testing center to complete the test.  There are no acceptable on-line GED tests. 
    How do I register for classes?
    Students must first take a TABE test.  All the TABE testing dates are listed on this site.  If there are any questions, call the office at 425-8980.  
    Does ATEC or Adult Education offer classes for adults outside of GED/Diploma?
    At this time, no vocational/skills classes are offered for adults.  Some high school age students may be eligible to participate in vocational/skills classes, but they must be enrolled in GED/Diploma classes if not regular school attendees.
    How do I obtain a Win/WorkKeys Career Readiness certificate?
    This year, SC offers the Win Career Readiness Certificate.  Adult education does offer classes and testing for the Win Certificate.  Students would follow the same TABE testing dates as GED students.  If students want to take the test without classes, that is an option as well.  All students must call the office to pre-register and arrange payment prior to testing.