Frequently Asked Questions on Transcripts

  • How do I obtain my high school transcript?

    In an effort to provide better and more secure service to our former students, all background verifications, corporate verifications, corporate information requests, transcript requests, must be made online using our automated student record/information request system. Access the online request links above to make your request.

    How long does it take to get a copy of my transcript?

    Most student records are housed at our off-site archives. The turnaround time on transcript requests may be 7 to 10 days.

    Is there a fee involved?

    The fee for former students is $8 per document ordered.  The fee for colleges, universities, background check agencies and other third-party agencies is $20 per copy.

    What happens if you are unable to locate my records?

    Unfortunately, in some cases, we are unable to locate records.  Fees cover the search for records, often including a physical search through our off-site facilities, and cannot be reimbursed.

    Can I get a copy of my diploma or GED?

    KCSD does not have copies of diplomas or GEDs. You can request these directly from the South Carolina Department of Education at (803) 734-8040 or go to

    I need early school records for a delayed birth certificate (or passport application, REAL ID, social security benefits application, etc.). Can you help me with this?

    In some cases, yes we can help you. Please complete the Online Transcript Request Form and state the specific information you are requesting. We will search the archives and let you know if we have been successful.