The Office of Human Resources

  • Enthusiastic Teacher in KCSD! The Office of Human Resources receives and processes all information related to hiring, regardless of employment status (full-time, part-time, or contractual); is involved in every aspect of an employee's professional life while actively employed in the district, and receives and processes all documents for separation of employment.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What job openings do you have?
    Please check the KCSD AppliTrak website to see our vacancy listing.

    Do you have an online application?
    Yes, we have online applications that can be accessed by going to our District website, Please click “Application Procedures” to open the online application.

    If I don’t have a computer, where would I go to complete an application?
    There is a computer at the KCSD District Office available to applicants who would like to complete an online application. The District Office is located at 2029 W. DeKalb Street in Camden.

    How long does my application stay on file?
    Applications remain active for one year.

    What is the starting salary for _______? (teacher, teacher assistant, food service, etc.)
    The individual salary schedules have this information based on years of experience. The Teacher Salary Scale is available on our website.

    What are the steps to become a substitute for your District?
    Information on becoming a substitute is located on our District website.

    When do employees get paid?
    Employees are paid on the 15th and the 30th of each month.

    How do I get verification of employment/salary?
    Please contact Human Resources for employment/salary information.

    How much sick/annual leave do I receive?
    Annual leave and sick leave are granted based on the position held and the number of years you have been employed in the District.

    When will my certificate upgrade be reflected in my paycheck?
    Salary adjustments due to certificate upgrades are paid based on the validity date on the certificate. For individual requests, please contact Mrs. Clara Champion.