KCSD continues to monitor student and staff absentee rates and parent reports of COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses to help identify and manage potential outbreaks.
We are following SCDHEC Exclusion Guidelines for COVID-19 and all other respiratory illnesses. ( School Exclusion | SCDHEC ) Our school nurses are tracking illnesses that require exclusion, and will report outbreaks to our local epidemiology team. You will be notified if your child is in a classroom where an outbreak has been identified, and further instructions will be given.
If a student or employee tests positive for COVID-19:
- Isolate at home for 5 days from the date of test or onset of symptoms.
- Masks are highly recommended upon returning to school on days 6 - 10.
- Notify your school nurse
Students and staff with a positive COVID-19 test should stay home until:
- No fever for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication AND
- Symptoms are improving AND
- At least 5 days have passed since symptoms first occurred.
If you are a close contact to someone who has tested positive to COVID-19, you will continue to attend school and work, and monitor for signs and symptoms of illness.
- Report a positive COVID-19 case - www.kcsdschools.net/covidreport
The information contained in these forms is confidential and will be directed to your school nurse.
Please contact your child’s school nurse if you need an at-home COVID-19 testing kit or have any questions about exclusion guidelines or respiratory illnesses.