Skip To Main Content

Pupil Services

The Pupil Services Department manages student residency issues as they relate to enrollment, zoning and release of students to other districts. The Director schedules and conducts admission, readmission and evidentiary student hearings. The department monitors and processes all athletic and extra-curricular supplements and works with special projects such as homeless students identified under the McKinney-Vento Act, foreign exchange students, Title IX reviews for Athletics, and other projects as assigned. 

Transfer requests for the 2024-2025 school year have begun Rhea Faris at to make a request.

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to register my child when I move to Kershaw County School District?

Registration requirements are located on the district web site at under the parent link. Information is included for new and transferring.

Does Kershaw County School District practice School Choice?

No, all schools have an attendance zone. All addresses are listed on the KCSD web site by school and attendance area. Unless approved for out of zone attendance, all students will attend the school zoned for their legal residence?

How do I locate the school for my residence?

You can find residence information on our website under "School Zoning Designations".

May I transfer my child to a school out of zone?

With the loss of teaching positions, transferring students out of zone is increasingly difficult. All requests received in writing are reviewed and in cases of medical or special educational services, consideration is given if possible.

Will KCSD accept out of district students?

KCSD does accept out of county students on a case by case basis, provided certain criteria are met. Out of county students are required to pay tuition totaling $2,600 per year for each student.

Employees that reside out of KCSD may bring their children to KCSD upon securing a release for their county of residence and are not required to pay tuition.

Who may register a student in KCSD?

Only the parent or legal guardian, as designated through family court, that is a legal resident of Kershaw County may register a student in KCSD.

How may I apply to coach in KCSD?

Interested applicants should contact the Activity Director at the middle or high school where he or she is interested in working. They may pick up a hard copy of the application or request an electronic copy.