2018-19 Special Education/Resource Syllabus
Phone: (803) 438-7414, Ext. 2865
Required Text and Materials:
Agenda Planner filled out
Reg. Ed. Textbooks according to individual needChromebook
The resource room is for students who qualify for Special Education services under the federal law IDEA. Students are remediated and tutored on an individual basis or in a small group setting according to his/her IEP (individualized education plan).
Course Description:The resource program is a remedial/tutorial program focusing mainly on building literacy and math skills, as well as tutoring in regular education subjects when time allows. Other skills taught include study skills, organizational skills, test preparation, listening/following directions, career exploration, and social skills.
- To attain each student's IEP Objectives
- To assist students in becoming Positive, Respectful, Organized, Wise, Life-Long Learners. PROWL on Tigers!
- Attendance- It is important to attend school every day! When you are absent, it is your responsibility to ask your teachers for make-up work (they may not remind you).
- Class Rules and Expectations-
Weekly grades for Reading, Writing, Math, and Resource participation. The Classworks computer program tied to MAP skills will also be used. Weekly averages will be recorded in the gradebook.Grading Scale:SRA Reading95+ = A85-94 = B75-84 = C65-74 = F (no "Ds")Math90-100 = A80-89 = B70-79 = C60-69 = Dbelow 60 = FWritten Expression: Various rubrics depending on which skill is addressed. A rubric will be attached to each writing assignment.
- Come to class prepared with books, notebooks, pencils, erasers, paper, agenda, etc. Bring everything you need to work on.
- Respect others by not talking during study time, follow the golden rule.
- Know and follow all school and classroom rules.
- Work throughout the entire period to get half a period of free time on Friday.