A Note from Mrs. Goodwin
Welcome to the 2021 - 20222 school year. We are so excited to see all of our CES Colts! It’s been a great beginning and I know we are going to have an awesome school year.
Important Facts for Camden Elementary School
- Our doors open at 7:00 am. Please do not drop children off before the doors are opened.
- Our tardy sign is placed in the car rider line at 7:35 am. If you are tardy, you will need to park your car in the front parking lot and walk into the building to sign your child in.
- We have Delayed Start Wednesdays and students need to be in school by 8:10 am on Wednesdays.
- Dismissal is at 2:30 pm. Students who are not picked up by 2:50 pm will be sent to our Be Great program and parents will be charged for after school care.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in a parent note or a doctor’s excuse. The note should have the child’s name, date of absence and the reason for the absence.
- If your child’s mode of transportation needs to change, please send a written note or email to your child’s teacher. We will not be able to accept transportation changes over the telephone.
Covid 19 Reminders
- Outside food or snacks are not allowed this year. If you would like to purchase a snack for your child’s classroom, please notify our cafeteria staff. (email@example.com)
- Masks are optional for students and staff this year, however, they are recommended by the CDC and our local physicians.
- Please send refillable water bottles with your child to school daily.
- Remember, do not send your child to school if they are sick. We check temperatures at school daily.
- If your child or anyone in your household is positive with COVID-19, please notify our school nurse, Rhonda Shirey-Ware. firstname.lastname@example.org and our school principal: email@example.com.
School Hours and Tardies
Arrival: 7:00 am (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) Tardy - 7:35
Arrival: 8:10 am (Wednesday - Delayed Start) Tardy - 8:15
Dismissal: 2:30 pm - Please make sure students are picked up by 2:45 pm daily.
Thank you for helping our car rider line move along quickly in the mornings. Please make sure your child is prepared and ready to exit the car during arrival times. We have staff and CES ambassadors assisting students in the morning. All students who arrive after 7:35am are considered tardy. A sign will be posted at the gym doors at 7:35 am notifying you about our procedure. You will need to drive around to the front parking lot, park, and walk with your child into the foyer to sign in using a valid SC identification card. Students may not be dropped off in the front parking lot as students MUST be signed in by a parent or guardian. Please remember that our doors open at 7:00am daily. Thank you for your cooperation and helping us keep our students safe.
Car Rider Line Tips
We have a lot of car riders this year. Please adhere to the tips below so we can move our car rider line quickly in the mornings and the afternoons.
- Please make sure your child is ready to exit the car when you enter the Car Rider Gate on Lyttleton Street.
- We have staff and CES ambassadors to assist with opening doors. If your child is old enough to open their door, please let them open their door and exit the car.
- Parents, please remain in your car during arrival and departure. We will assist students and this will keep our line moving.
- Please make sure that car rider signs with your child’s name on are placed on the visor or the rear view mirror during dismissal. The car rider sign should remain visible until your child is placed in your car.
Be Great Academy
Powered by: Boys and Girls Clubs
Open to 4K-5th Grade
Mon-Fri 2:30pm - 6:30pm
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
We will follow all district and DHEC guidelines for a COVID-19 safe program.
One time $25 registration fee
Sliding Scale based on household income
- Homework help
- Nationally recognized programs
- Sports & recreation
- The arts and S.T.E.M.
- Education & career development
- Snack & much more
Register now Online at
We believe every child deserves the highest quality after school care and that every family should be able to afford that care. Our rates are based upon the family's ability to pay. Tuition assistance is offered based upon verified household income. For assistance with registration, please contact us to speak with a member representative at 803-231-3300.
Be Great Academy is presented by Boys & Girls Clubs of Kershaw County, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @BGCKershaw.