Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Registration

  • Do I still need to come to Registration Day?

    Yes, all families should still go to their student’s school on Wednesday, July 24 (or Thursday, July 25 for some high school students) in order to verify residency and receive their student’s class assignments, regardless of whether they have completed the online registration. Families should bring a current (two months or less) utility bill (electric, gas, telephone or water) that contains the student’s address to verify residency. If you come to Registration Day but have not completed the online process, you will be able to do so at the school, but doing it beforehand will save you significant time on Registration Day.

    If I enrolled my child for kindergarten earlier this year, do I still need to register online?

    Yes. The earlier enrollment established your child’s initial enrollment record, but you still need to complete the online registration process for the 2019-20 school year.

    How do parents of returning students start the online process?

    Visit and click the Registration link. Then enter your student’s unique Snapcode number to start the process.

    Do I have to answer all the questions?

    Questions marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.

    What if I make a mistake?

    If you would like to make a change, click on the underlined field or click “< Prev” to return to a previous page.

    I’ve completed the form; now what?

    When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all the required questions. If you click “Submit” and are then taken to the Submission Confirmation page, your online registration is complete.

    Do I need to print out anything to prove that I have completed the online registration process?

    As long as you are taken to the Submission Confirmation page after you click “Submit,” your registration is complete.

    Is there a fee to use PowerSchool Registration (formerly Infosnap)?


    What if I need to fill out the free/reduced meal application?

    After you click “Submit,” you will be able to access the online free/reduced meal application from the Submission Confirmation page.  You can also go directly to to start an application or to check on the status of your application. (Note: If your family situation has changed, you may want to consider applying.) As a reminder, families must complete this application EVERY school year in order to receive meal benefits.

    What if I have more than one student in the district? Do I need to do this for each child?

    Yes, you will need to register each student because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you submit the first registration and then click the START ANOTHER REGISTRATION link on the submission confirmation page to register your next student. This way, you will not have to enter shared family information again to save time.

    How do I pay my student's fees?

    Any fees due including outstanding prior year balances and 2019-20 athletic, parking and technology fees can be paid in person at Registration Day on Wednesday, July 24 (or Thursday, July 25 for some high school students)

    I don’t understand what a question is asking.

    You can contact your school to ask any general questions about the form or the process.

    What if I have a new student to register?

    Families of new students should contact the school that the student will be attending to start the registration process. Kershaw County School Board policy requires parents to bring to registration the following documents to enroll a student for the first time: a copy of the child's birth certificate, the child’s South Carolina Certificate of Immunization, a parent/guardian’s valid South Carolina driver’s license, a tax document with the current and correct address, a check stub with the current and correct address, either a mortgage or lease agreement or legally notarized documentation from the landlord and a current (two months or less) utility bill (electric, gas, telephone or water) that contains the student’s address.

    What if my primary language is Spanish?

    Our online registration process is available in English and in Spanish. To change the language, select the drop box in the upper right corner.

    Help! I’m having technical difficulties.

    For technical support, visit the PowerSchool Community Help Center. You can submit a ticket or use the chat feature for immediate help.