Our mission is to educate all students for success.
The Kershaw County School District will empower and challenge all students to become productive members of a globally dynamic society.
- All children can learn, and our schools must assist them in reaching their full potential.
- A rigorous and comprehensive quality education is essential for all students.
- Our community is strengthened by respecting, celebrating, and utilizing its diversity.
- Successful schools have a positive impact on our community.
- All stakeholders — families, schools, and community — play a vital role in the education process.
- Our quality schools are led by highly motivated and nurturing staff.
- Our schools are committed to continuous growth in academic achievement and development of character, personal responsibility, and productive citizenship.
- Our children’s achievement is best measured by a variety of assessments, skills, and experiences.
- Utilizing technology is essential for college and career readiness.
- A safe, healthy, and nurturing environment is essential for positive growth and development.
- Our schools are committed to developing academic skills and employability characteristics for college and career readiness.
- Life and career characteristics such as Integrity, self-direction, global perspective, perseverance, work ethic, and interpersonal skills must be emphasized, modeled and expected.
- Our schools strive to develop self-sufficient and intrinsically motivated, creative thinkers and problem solvers.