Registration Requirements for New & Transfer Students

  • To register your child for school, parents/guardians are asked to have all the appropriate documentation to register new and transfer students. Then take the documentation below to your designated school.  If you have zoning questions, please contact

    Documents for Registering New Students: 

    Child's birth certificate 
     Need a copy of a birth certificate?
     Child's state certificate of immunization Need a copy of this certificate?
    Current proof of residence in the name of the parent or legal guardian 
    (All items are to contain the current and correct address at the time of enrollment.)
    You must bring all of the following:
    • A valid photo I.D. ( i.e. - S.C. DMV issued I.D. or driver's license)
    • A recent tax document for vehicles or primary residence
    • Financial source document (i.e. - Recent payroll check, bank document, social security, DSS OR child support payment). If effecting change is a lengthy process, copies of paperwork showing that the change of address is in progress must be presented.
    • Mortgage, real estate purchase contract, rental/lease agreement or legally notarized documentation from Landlord verifying current address
    • Recent mail addressed to parent/legal guardian (Preferably a current utility bill such as gas, phone, electric or water)
     Additional documents for transfer students
    • Withdrawal from previous school - Paperwork filed with your child's previous school to transfer the child's school records to the new school.
    • Academic documents & records - Any academic documents and records, including the child's latest transcript, report cards, and IEP (if applicable)