March 23, 2017
Kershaw County Adult Education sponsors Job Fair next week
Persons who are interested in looking for new jobs or improving their career readiness skills are invited to participate in the Kershaw County Adult Education’s Service and Career Expo next week.
“This event is open to persons who have participated in our programs before as well as those who have not,” said Kershaw County Adult Education Director Weyland Burns. “We wanted to provide an opportunity for employers to talk directly with potential employees.”
The job fair will be held on March 27-29 from 9 a.m. to noon at ATEC, 874 Vocational Lane in Camden. Burns said interested persons should bring resumes and/or business cards with them.
Participating companies include:
- Monday, March 27: SC Vocational Rehabilitation, Central Carolina Technical College, SC Department of Social Services, Professional Development & Training Services, Invista and Recruiting Solutions (Haier Plant + other industry)
- Tuesday, March 28: Central Carolina Technical College, Strategic Wealth Assurance, Palmetto Youth Connections, Addus HomeCare, Kershaw County School District, GCA Services Group and Palmetto Autism Interventions
- Wednesday, March 29: Central Carolina Technical College, Alpha Center, SC Army National Guard, Kelly Services, Taco Bell and Chick-fil-A
- In addition to these times to talk with employers, the event will feature workshops to help persons improve their job skills.
- All workshops will be held in the Woolard auditorium at ATEC and include:
- Monday, March 27, 11 a.m. – 12 noon: Professionalism & the Job Search hosted by Central Carolina Technical College Career Services.
- Tuesday, March 28, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.: Career Readiness hosted by Goodwill Job Connections.
- Thursday, March 30, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.: Invista Career Pathways hosted by Invista.